My daughter Emily is embarking on a incredible and life changing adventure this fall. She will be taking part in the 2015 / 2016 KIVU Gap Year. It is a dream come true for her to be able to embark on this journey. She is going to spend eight months in service to others while learning more about herself and the world. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read this post so that I can give you a clear picture of what Emily’s Gap Year will look like.
From August 2015 through April 2016, she will join the KIVU Gap Year Program as they travel to four continents to serve and learn alongside those living in the margins of society.
• Urban America Experience: Shewill live in urban Denver or Philadelphia for three months as she discovers the challenges facing the urban poor through internships throughout the city.
• Caribbean Experience: For 2 weeks, she will be joining relief and ongoing development programs in the Caribbean.
• East Africa Experience: Shewill be living in Kigali, Rwanda for 5 weeks as she observes the progress and challenges of vocational work in a developing African nation. There will be opportunities to serve in education and business as she works under the direction of a variety of local non-profits in the city.
• Holy Land Experience: Shewill spend a week walking in the footsteps of Jesus and seeing the places where he conducted his ministry while here on earth. She will also be living in Amman, Jordan for 2 weeks as she builds relationships and breakdown stereotypes between Arab and American youth.
• Southeast Asia Experience. For 4 weeks, she will live among the poorest of the poor (50 cents or less a day) while being given outlets to serve alongside an amazing organization providing poverty alleviation through the vehicle of the local church. This portion of the program is in partnership with International Care Ministries (www.caremin.com.)
It is my hope that you will visit www.kivugapyear.com and learn more details about the program and read some of the blogs of current students.
This incredible opportunity is not without a cost. She is raising support in order to contribute to the overall program fees to be a part of this program. This includes everything from food, lodging, travel fares. In addition to financial support, I am asking for your support in prayer for Emily and those that she isgoing to serve in the next 8 months.
I am asking you to prayerfully consider being a part of this opportunity to serve others in urban America and across the globe. Your gift of $50, $100, $200 or $500 would be a tremendous blessing! All donations are tax deductible and all contributors will receive a receipt from KIVU Gap Year that may be used for income tax purposes. You can make a one time gift or choose to support her monthly. If each of you would consider just giving $10, the entire cost of this awesome ministry opportunity would be covered.
If you are not able to give financially, I would ask you to consider being on Emily’s Prayer Team. She sill be sending out regular updates and writing a blog to share her experinces with you.
Checks should be made payable to KIVU Gap Year. You can also donate online at www.kivugapyear.com.
She could not do this without your prayers or financial support. Her goal is to raise her portion of the costs by August 1st, 2015.
If you want more information, you can email Emily. I have also included a video to provide you more information about this great opportunity.
Email Address: email@example.com
Donations can be made online at https://secure-q.net/donations/CampKGY/1502 or checks made out to KIVU Gap Year (with her name on the memo line) can be mailed to:
KIVU Gap Year, 9658 County Road 501, Bayfield, CO 81122
Thanks and God Bless